Thursday, June 16, 2011

oh, yeah...my blog!

           Hey y'all! Long time no see!
          My last  post (on National Doughnut Day) was the last day before finals. And the next day was finals (bet you didn't see that one comin'). Gailyn and I both had our last final of the quarter on the same day and at the same time. This may have had something to do with the fact that we were in the same class. To celebrate the temporary end of perpetual torture, we went to Starbucks. All by ourselves. I'm starting to think this driving thing might have its advantages.


I'm not used to caffeine. Can you tell?

Yep! We had fun. I had a Mocha Frap ( I believe it was called) and a disappointing apple fritter. The ones at Safeway are SO much better. Gailyn got a strawberry smoothie. And we basked in the sunshine. Except, we were in the shade cuz it was actually WARM.
         OK. That was on a a Thursday. Now pause and rewind back to Sunday. We had our pie/craft auction/fundraiser for the teens, and we had a real auctioneer! I had a hard time following him cuz he went so fast, but it was pretty entertaining. We raised over $6,000! Here's my contribution:




Hmmm. Didn't realize that came out so fuzzy. Let's try this one:

Okay, that's better. I started this quilt when I was 11 or 12. I made it from fabric squares and circles used for decoration at the Ladies' event one year. I wanted to give it to someone who ended up moving away on not so good terms, so it sat in the closet for 5 or 6 years. This year I was racking my brain for something to do for the auction and decided to let it go to good use instead of collecting dust. So I finished it and there it is. By the way, polish hot dogs are the best EVER. So whenever you have a choice between regular and Polish, make sure you get the right one!
OK, now fast forward back to Thursday. Or, rather, Friday. Mom flew to Idaho to help her sister who just had her third child. {Insert Amy Elise at 8 lb 4 oz.}
Sorry I don't have a picture yet. I'll see her when I go to camp, though, so I'll get pics then. With my camera I don't have yet.

The ensuing week involved me being Mom without paddling rights. Yeah. Try doing that sometime. You will be handing out gum like no other. Just kidding, they were all really good-mostly. I don't think you wanna see pictures except for maybe these:
That's the best smile I could get out of her, even after offering gum. She did NOT like  it.
Also, I got awesome free sunglasses!
Mom doesn't like 'em. And I would like them better if they were solid black with a little sparkle or something on the side, but hey! They were free!
And now I shall go back to mowing and not worring about anything but me. OK, that sounded really selfish. But I'm not going to rephrase it.
Be thankful,
Sarah
Ps. Comment if you noticed before now that I changed my profile picture. Or if you didn't  :)

No comments: