Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The random dozen -for the second time. Yes, I'm quite random

1. On an average, how often do you splurge and buy something for yourself?

It used to be whenever I had money and there were no missionaries in the vicinity. Now, hardly ever. My saving skillz are way up though. Lets see... I bought a burger a month or two ago(-oh wait! That was two burgers), I recently bought a box of mac 'n cheese for $1.49, and a 50-cent serving of cinnamon toast crunch cereal.
2. Are you more like Hall or Oates? Just kidding. Real question: What is the last creative project you began/finished? Feel free to post a pic of it.
Well, the last time I did ANY project was Christmas...Oh! Does doll clothes for Emma count as creative? It was a tank-top with ruffle-ie sleeves and a pair of blue pants that don't really look like jean capris. But that's ok. Emma likes them.
3. OK, Goldie Locks, do you consider your house too big, too little or juuuust right?

Juuuuuuust right. Same for my room since my house isn't technically MY house.

4. What is your favorite outdoor chore?
That depends very much on the weather. Assuming it's a nice warm day with light breeze, mowing the grass would be ideal. On a riding mower, of course.
5. If you knew that cigarette smoking was not bad for your health but would be a weight loss tool, would you use it? Why or why not?

Yeck! No way! That stuff stinks so bad! And a nice picture of someone is very easily ruined by sticking a cigarette in their mouth. It's just gross! Why would you want to pay money to inhale smoke? If I really wanted to I would just go find a bonfire.

6. On a road trip, would you rather drive or ride?

Uuuuuummm for the safety of my fellow travellers I would have to say ride. Ask me again in 5 years or so.

7. What do you consider a trivial pursuit?

My blog. It doesn’t earn money, it doesn’t help me make headway on my perpetual to do list, it’s purely for my own pleasure. It’s just something I do because I want to. Just for me. Just so you know, those are the words of Mrs Sargent, whose blog I copy-pasted these questions off of. They nicely state my opinion.
8. This weekend, we downloaded the movie "Duplicity" with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen. Within 5 minutes, I was bored and annoyed, but I kept watching 5-10 minutes at a time hoping it would get better between small chores. I finally gave up and Jorge watched it alone, and then regretted wasting that time because he disliked it intensely, too. So ... how long do you watch a movie or read a book before giving up on it?

Well, if it's dirty, I probably won't watch much more than 15 minutes. If it's just stupid, I might stick it out. If a book is dumb or boring I will go about two chapters.
9. Is there a song that you really love but are embarrassed to admit because it's not cool or it's racy or because it's by Hall and Oates?
No. All the songs I know are VERY cool. Most of them are about the Lord Jesus Christ. And the other ones are just funny. For me to be embarrassed about knowing a song, it would have to be a song off the radio or something.
10. On a scale of 1-10 (10 = extremely) how spontaneous are you?

It depends. What does that mean?............I just looked it up. And it depends on who I'm with.
11. Are you a food and/or beverage snob?

Somewhat. I'm not super snobbish, but there is a limit. And I can tell the difference between the real stuff and cheesy junk. The real stuff is always the best, but I can deal with cheap stuff.
12. Who/What are you trying to control in your life?
Ehhh, give me another few years to say. But I definitely don't like being controlled more than necessary. I'm told that's pretty normal for teenagers.
Be thankful,
Sarah

No comments: