Thursday, May 12, 2011

WEEKEND part two

So where was I?
Ah, yes. My four year-old sister whipping my rear at the memory game.
After her confession, it was time to begin the get-ready-to-go process, since we were having a Friday night Focus at the Stephens. How do they keep getting in my blog?
So any way, I went early with Dad and Mr. Stephen wasn't home from work yet. I kicked my self for not bringing balloons and streamers. I have been threatening to decorate his trophy elk horns which happen to be mounted in the living room. I mean, just think how cute something like these would be with part streamers and balloons and ribbons and anything else I could conger up.
Keep in mind that his are a little bigger than these, but I don't have an actual picture of them. But that's OK, because you can find any thing on the Internet. No really, anything. Like this:
I think that's real...
Any way, what was I saying before I so rudely interrupted myself?
Ah, yes. The Friday night Focus. It was fun, as usual, despite my failure to decorate. Except we played "Catch phrase". I HATE strongly dislike that game. It drives me BONKERS. It's kind of like "Taboo", which I happen to love, except there aren't any words you can't say. Do you guys have any idea what I'm talking about? I'm feeling a blank stare. OK, not really. But just in case, I'll tell you about Taboo. You have a bunch of cards with a word each on them that you take turns trying to get your team to say, but there's a list of related words on the cards that you can't use. You have a certain amount of time to get your team to say as many words as possible, each one counting as a point. So that's the gist of it. Sounds like a blast, right? Yeah, it is. However, with Catch Phrase, you have this little electronic device that gives you a word. Once your team says the word, you pass the device to the other team, and they get a new word. You pass it back and forth till the device beeps. Which ever team has it a that point gives the other team a point. So, it doesn't really matter how good you are at communicating to your team (and it's too easy with no Taboo words), it's all just a matter of chance.
Huff. Sorry, my spiel is done now.
It was still fun. At the end of that night, however, was when my weekend began heading down hill.
Ehh, that's a little strong of an expression. It really wasn't THAT bad. I just got a cold. I should say, that's when my weekend stopped being as awesome as it had been. Saturday night was the worse, and the rest was bearable. On the Saturday leading up to Saturday  night (profound, right?) I :
cleaned the Dunlap's
took a hot shower
wrote a rough draft
practised singing with Gailyn, Mom and Mrs. Grimes for Mother's Day
began accumulating a major pile of pie dough in my head
watched most of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
went to bed.
~to be continued again~

No comments: