Friday, June 29, 2012

In which Summer begins again...

Well, the calendar says summer started the 20th, and the longest day of the year was the 21st. But the first time summer started for me was Thursday the 7th. Precisly, at 1:30. Because that was when I finished my last final EVER (hopefully). And then it started again the 16th, which was the day after my graduation, and the day of my grad party.
But we keep having these spurts of warm weather between clouds, which is typical of my part of the country. And every time the sun comes out, it seems like summer started all over again.

Sunday we had our pie-and-craft auction for a youth fundraiser-
Wait, back up. Did I tell you I got a kindle for a graduation gift? Did I show you the cover I got for it?


I thought it was appropriate....
 Anyway. Where was I? Ah yes. The auction. It went very well.
It went VERY well.
This year I made a carrot cake (from a special recipe), my mom made a turtle cheesecake, Leah framed this picture she took...
and Rebekah made up a garden herb pot and a strawberry pot.
The best part of the auction is afterward...a bunch of people all bring the desserts they bought to one person's house and we all try some of everything and have a late night of fellowship.

Yesterday we went and picked up my grandparents! They're visiting from Virginia! After we picked them up we went to Pike Street Market in Seattle (now you know what state I live in).
I'd never been there before so I brought my camera (prepare for photo onslaught):
Da big city....
Traffic in da Big City...

Turns out we have our own little China town:



Oh how I wish for a fancy-shmancy camera that would magically give beautiful, crisp photos...

Someday...


I don't know if you can read the little sign underneath, but it's expesnive! Then again, the idea that you would even have to pay to park is ridiculous to me....Yep, I'm a country gal.

It's especially expensive when you're driving the Jolly Green Giant, which we borrowed so that our whole family could come. Oh, there's Pappou and Yiayia (That's Grandpa and Grandma in Greek)(Did I tell you my Dad is Greek? He is. And so are his parents. I bet you didn't have that one figured out, did ya...)!

Sista's!

THAT is an earthquake disaster waiting to happen! My geology teacher would FLIP if he saw this....
We walked by the First-ever-Starbucks...Did you know that chain originated in Seattle??? I didn't...

If you're ever in Seattle and you like dumplings, GO HERE. If you don't like dumplings, GO HERE ANYWAY. YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND.
I wish my camera could have capture the SMELL. Oh. My. Goodness....Amazing!!

Almost every corner had someone  singing or playing an instrument, but this guy topped them all!

In case you couldn't tell (again, lousy quality), he was playing a guitar and a harmonica, with bells on his shoes, a little rattle thing between his fingers, while going with TWO hula hoops, and balancing a second guitar on his CHIN!
We ate lunch in the second story of a restuarant overlooking the water...
Check this out:
This stuck me as an adorable place to eat lunch! Red umbrella, red railing, red flowers on a tiny balcony by the water. The epitomy of picturesque...
Also, a giant ferris wheel over the water!

So much FISH!


So much EVERYTHING.

Part two coming as soon as I have time to upload more pics... and another video on youtube, so you can see it, cuz for some reason my computer wont upload videos played with the player my video is in...I've been trying all day. Anybody know how to change that?? Or change the player?
Anyway...
Be Thankful (for technology),
 Sarah

No comments: