Saturday, December 25, 2010

My stress level just dropped like a rock.

And it will proceed to rise as vacation comes to an end. But it wont get up as high as it was this time yesterday. Any way. A few more days of relaxation and it's back to the grind. I know the Lord wasn't really born on December 25th but I'm glad we celebrate it then because it's the perfect time for a  nice big break before the big push to spring.
So you know how when you were in Sunday school there were always stories around Christmas time to remind you how Christmas is not about the presents, it's about the birth of our Saviour. That should have been a question mark. Anyway, I always had it pounded into me but this is the first year I actually caught myself getting really focused in on the material part. Not the "getting" so much as the "getting ready". We went over to some friends house for lunch on Christmas Eve and I kept thinking about all the stuff I needed to get done, so much that I didn't enjoy the visit. And now it's all done and over. The kids are always getting reminded of the meaning/reason for Christmas, but now that I'm getting older I really   need reminded as I get all caught up on the "getting ready". So maybe y'all are fine but I think the older I get, the more I'm gonna need to here those reminder stories.
Okay, now that I said all that I wanna tell you some of the stuff we got. :P Don't you love my logic? So. The biggest, most exciting, thrilling, surprising, completely unexpected was...(drum rollllll)...actually  I should save it for last. So the other listed items don't seem mundane. Emma (age 6) got her oldest sissy(and I don't mean that as a characteristic) Dove Milk Chocolate. Oh yeah baby! This girl knows her sister! Not to put down my other sisters. Rebekah got me cottage cheese, Leah gave me pringles and 4 bite-sized (yep, she knows me.) milky way bars and Mykah is still learning. I'll give her another couple years. She'll catch on. Oh! Steph and Uncle Phil sent us a tightly stuffed box. There were (among many other things) plastic cockroaches that crawl across the wall, super cute knee socks, and this thing that makes your teeth flash all the colors of the rainbow! THANK YOU STEPH AND UNLCE PHIL!! :) O.K. Now the grand finale. Before we opened any presents, Dad stuck a covered card board box down in front of the tree and said "who wants to open it". It wiggled a little and I knew what it was. In my head I was thinking no way! But Bekah lifted the lid off the box and there was a sweet little puppy with a red bow around it's neck JUST LIKE IN THE MOVIES!! Mom had been talking about this big surprise and how she couldn't keep quiet about it much longer. I. Was. Clueless. The biggest thing I could think of was a trampoline!
I'll try to get pictures up a.s.a.p. but she doesn't hold still long. She is a purebred golden retriever (perfect match for Shadow-and yes I mean MATCH) about 8 weeks old and her name is Sophie. Soooooo cute!!! OK. I'm not gonna get in that mode again. I better leave.
    Be thankful,
           Sarah

No comments: