Friday, October 7, 2011

Enery equals zip

SO it turns out I was actually really sick. I have a bad case of strep. And I'm staying home from school. I even have a Doctor's note (kinda cool, but not worth it.). So guess what! You guys get to read some more of my journal! We'll start at the beginning this time...


December 27, 2010                                                                                     Chehalis, Washington
I’m not in PNG yet.
This morning I had $845. I was thinking and I asked the Lord to give me an opportunity to earn more money. The way I’m calculating, the most I can expect to have by June is $1700. I want to borrow as little as possible from my parents. So I asked the Lord for a way to get more. Well, I don’t have a permanent job yet, but this morning something happened at church. Emma is sick with a cold and Momma had nursery, so she had me sit with her [in a spot I don’t usually sit].  During the handshaking, [someone from my church] turned around and said, “You’re going to Papua New Guinea aren’t you?” They asked me when I was going and all that. As the singing started up again they said, “Well, you’re going to have help.” And they wrote me a check for $1oo. Wow. Thank you Lord!
              
March 11, 2011                                                                                            Chehalis, Washington
I’m still not in PNG, BUT I now have a definite schedule! We’re buying my tickets tonight! We have some of them, but not all. I will fly out of Seattle to La on July 12th. I’ll go from there to Australia and spend the night at Tree Tops, which is a motel for missionaries. The next morning I’ll fly to Port Moresby and from there to Wewak! I will be flying with Jeannie Johnson. She is my Mom’s cousin’s wife. She is super nice and she’s bringing their ADORABLE baby girl Juliette. Another girl who is 17 may fly with us to PNG. Anyway, just thought I’d give you an update. I don’t see how I’m going to get through another FOUR MONTHS. And yes, it is exactly four months. Or it will be in the morning. After that we start counting down to three months. *Sigh* I’ll never make it…
               March 23, 2011                                                                                            Chehalis, Washington
I’ve got to stop doing this, or I’ll fill this notebook before I even get to PNG. But it’s all I can think about! I even had a dream I missed my flight last night. Three months and 21 days to go!
               May 24, 2011                                                                                               still Chehalis, Washington
Mom got the last of my tickets last night. I’m all set!! Two years down, fifty days to go!!!! I can’t believe how close I’m getting and at the same time I’m ready for it to be now! *Sigh*
               June 16, 2011                                                                                               Chehalis, Washington
Twenty-five days!! I am officially PUMPED.
              
July 8, 2011                                                                                                   Chehalis, Washington
Three days left. The next time I write in here, it will be on a plane, in the air. It’s really starting to sink in. I, Sarah Elizabeth Adamou, have a passport because I’m going to Papua New Guinea. In three days. The shores of sleep are oceans away…

No comments: